So after a week away from the college I was back with the bones and getting my head around Aldlib. I wasn’t here last week as it was my birthday so my boyfriend and I celebrated by going to Thorpe Park. It was awesome!
My first task the day was to update the Adlib entries that I hadn’t finished last time. This enabled me to get familiar with the museum’s database again. This didn’t take too long although I did have to double check a few things, such as how to format the images before they could be uploaded.
Once the records were up to date I had a few boxes of skulls from the collection I had worked on previously. I think there were about 9 of these skulls to do and were pretty straight forward. All of the skulls belonged to adults and all but one were articulated.
After lunch I set to work with some more specimens from the Tlustly collection. Again I had to familiarise myself again with the various steps I had to carry out in order to create a complete record. I then added these specimens to the museum database. Most of the specimens had minimal entries on the database where information and images had to be added. However some had no entry so I had to create a new one a make sure all the information was inputted. There are some sections that required small amounts of data but which ed very impotent, such as the donor and creator of the specimens. This meant I had to have a good eye for detail to make sure everything ed included.
After entering the information I still had done time left before needing to leave and therefore dry about taking more photos and putting more specimens into the inventory. I didn’t have time to update their Adlib records so that will be the first thing I do next week.