This week has been a bit slow of me but every Thursday I have something to look forward to and volunteering always picks me up. I was also cheered up by seeing soldiers selling poppies for rememberence day and a man playing the bag pipeline Waterloo station. After a quick walk to the College I was greated by a trolley full of skulls!
Like the past few weeks a started with the adult skulls. As with the previous ones they were simple to assess and it took only a short time to complete them. However I did notice that one individual had a metal filling. I find it slightly odd when I see things like this as I am used to much older skeletons because during my time at university the skeletons were from the medieval period. Is these little reminders that I am handling real people that died in the recent past.
I then moved on to the Tlusty project. I had a number of small boxes to go through each containing a cranium of an individual. By the end of the day I had photographed and inputted all of the information for the specimens into the excel database. The remainder of the day was spent updating the museum’s database although I didn’t get through all of them. I will probably stay next week by updating the last few records before moving on to any other specimen.