Apparently my last post about volunteering at the College didn’t publish so I’m combining weeks 43 and 44 into one post. For both weeks I carried out the same task as I am still working on the Stack Collection, which contains small vial of deciduous teeth. I definitely getting better at identifying the teeth types and moving the teeth into suitable positions to be photographed.This meant I was able to get through a few more specimens than previous weeks, which I hope to build on further over the next few weeks.
This project has really boosted my confidence in my identification skills of decudious teeth. At University I didn’t get many opportunities to develope this skills, plus when I did have to identify teeth they usually came with the jaw so it was much easier. I am now hoping to get my own baby teeth from my mum to identify them myself. However, I’m going to have two identical sets of teeth to sort as I have a twin sister! I’m going to see if it’s possible to distinguish between them based on colour and shape – if I can find the teeth and sort them I’ll make sure I create a post documenting them!